Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Lost Girl by Anne Ursu

Reviewed by Lily        


Imagine having a twin/best friend who looks exactly identical to you, and for the first time, you don't have the same teachers. What would you do? What if something important all of a sudden goes missing and you can't find it? What if your sister gives you a meaningful toy, and you just lose it?

In the book The Lost Girl by Anne Ursu, Lark and Iris are best friends and sisters. They are identical twins with completely different characteristics. Lark is the one who always knows when their parents have been arguing. Lark can tell you what the consequences for stealing are in different fairy tales, and that the best of bad guys has interesting backstories. On the other hand, Iris is the one who can tell you what the collective nouns are for different animals, and that Minnesota is home to the world’s largest ball of twine. One day, the principal of their school is thinking it is a good idea to split the twins into different classes. They know this isn't going to work. They have to find different hobbies and different friends. That same day,  they are biking home from school and they pass this new store with a mysterious sign saying: WE ARE HERE. After they see this new store, things magically start disappearing. Read this book to go on the adventure with Lark and Iris!

The first reason why I liked this book is because I can relate to it. I can relate because I have a best friend that I had all my classes with in 4th grade, but now I don’t have any classes with her and I rarely see her. When I read this book, I felt drawn to the plot.

The second reason why I loved this book is because it has a mystery. I personally love mysteries because I never get bored of reading them. If you like mysteries this is the book for you! There are little mysteries scattered in the book which makes the book even better! The main mystery is when Lark and Iris were getting ready for bed and the stuffed animal that Lark gave Iris disappeared. Iris just saw it on her bed a second ago so she thought that someone stole it. In the end you find out where everything is going including the stuffed animal. I never expected it!

I would rank this book a 9/10 because as I said before I love mysteries. It's not a 10/10 because there is a lot of hard vocabulary that I didn't understand, but if you are a high leveled reader or you want a challenge, I would highly recommend this fantastic book! Why not go order this book or check it out at your local library or on Amazon?


Walden Pond Press, 355


No comments:

Post a Comment